4G,CDMA,GSM,WIFI Carrier Info 2.1.3ga
Summary: Who's the best carrier for you ?NOTICE : 'Compare' feature is available for every mobile carrier in the world (includes Asia & Africa.
Downloads: 2154 | Updated: 2012-07-09
Application descriptionWho's the best carrier for you ?
'Compare' feature is available for every mobile carrier in the world (includes Asia & Africa...). If yours is missing, email us and we will make it available.
'Map' feature is available for some countries only, we add new ones once we have enough data for the country.
Yes, we now have a Verizon 4G map. We also have 4G maps for Sprint WIMAX, AT&T LTE, Metro PCS LTE and US. Cellular LTE!
1) A number of Samsung phones (including Galaxy S2, Note, N7 tablets) have a bug on Android 2.x : they do not provide signal strength information for 2G/3G (CDMA and GSM) so Sensorly indicates "unavailable". The new Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) release fixes the issue. Some alternate ROMs have fixed the bugs, for example XWKK2 and XXLPH
2) 4G support is EXPERIMENTAL as it is not supported as extensively as 2G/3G in Android. See note at the bottom.
3) WiFi maps for FON & ATT will be back as soon as possible.
4) 'Modify battery stats' is ill-named : it's the permission required to read the battery level on the Android so the app doesn't use more than 10% by default.
Sensorly will help you discover who the best carrier is FOR YOU, based on millions of recordings made by our users throughout the world:
- test your carrier's network speed anywhere you are.
- see carrier's 2G, 3G, 4G and WiFi coverage on beautiful maps with street-level accuracy
- compare carrier's coverage and signal quality for any location in the world using our unique 'compare' feature
- report indoor locations with poor coverage using Foursquare's list of locations
- map your neighborhood easily with our non-intrusive data collection (optional)
This app. will also show you everything the Android can tell us about your Android's network connectivity : cell tower identfication or BSSID, signal strength (RSSI), etc. It works for CDMA, GSM, WiFi, Wimax and LTE.
Our information is provided free of charge, we hope you will contribute to the database and map your neighborhood in return (but you don't have to)
Our application is 100% configurable : choose the map to show, enable/disable data collection, automate data collection, send only over Wifi, etc... you have total control.
Sensorly does not collect any personal data, phone number, IMEI and does not even collect the Android's unique identifier (UUID). We do not need it to build aggregate coverage maps !
Note : Maps update within the day, email us through the settings screen if you think there's a problem.
Supported carriers (non-limiting list) : Verizon, Sprint, ATT, TMobile, iWireless, Cricket, US Cellular, Cellular South (C-spire), Vodafone, O2, Telstra, Optus, 2degrees, etc...
ABOUT 4G: As mentionned above, it's experimental. For most phones, we can't provide a signal level reading but we are finding work-arounds on some phones. Your milage my vary, please take this into account when rating the app. If you run into issues, email us and we'll work it out with you. What we do know:
Galaxy Nexus : should have signal level, detects 4G available, does not detect 4G unavailable
HTC Thunderbolt : no signal level, detects 4G available, does not detect 4G unavailable
Droid Bionic : should have signal level, detects 4G available, does not detect 4G unavailable
LG Revolution : should have signal level, detects 4G available, does not detect 4G unavailable
Droid Charge : no signal level, detects 4G available, does not detect 4G unavailable